An efficient track and field event requires many key individuals and teams including:
- Clerk, start line, and finish line crews
- Timing and results crew
To run an efficient meet you need to provide:
- An announcer that will call check ins and event results
- Clerking crew that will set heats as presented in heat sheets.
- Finish line crew that will record competitor numbers or hip numbers (depending on meet format)
- Judges for each field event that will record results on provided scoring sheets and will break ties as needed.
- One volunteer to assist with Hy-Tek Meet Manager operation.
- All entries provided in a format that will import into Hy-Tek Meet Manager. Entries provided 48 hours before start of meet.
- Direction on meet format.
- Bib numbers and hip numbers (depending on format).
- Backup hand timing.
To run and efficient road race or cross country meet, management need to provide:
- A generator (6000W and 30A) or electricity at the finish line
- Two tables and four chairs.
- Bib numbers.
- Clerks that will distribute timing chips and instruct runners on chip attachment to shoes.
- Finish line crew to retrieve and organize timing chips.
- Entries in a format that will import into RunScore or, if needed, HyTek Meet Manager.
- Dispute or problem resolution process
- Direction on meet or race format
- Backup hand timing (if you desire).